How to Create Laravel API
Routes, Controllers, Auth, API Docs and more
Everyone now is searching for API developers, just look at the Laravel jobs or freelance offers.
So, in this course, you will learn how create APIs with Laravel framework.
What exactly you will learn:
- How to create Laravel RESTful API: requests with GET/POST, API Resources, Validation etc
- How to authorize API users: with Sanctum or Passport
- How to use Postman to work with API requests
- How to generate API documentation: with Scribe or OpenAPI/Swagger
- Various small tips and tricks
Reviews/comments from students:
What students say about me on my Youtube channel:
Notice: What this course is NOT about:
- It's not a Laravel for beginners course. I assume you are already are a Laravel developer and want to apply your skills for API projects specifically. For Laravel beginners, take this course, for free
- It's not a SPA or Vue.js course. I will demonstrate some front-end Vue to consume Laravel API, but won't create full SPA throughout this course. Planning to shoot a separate course on that, a bit later.
I consider myself a Laravel expert. Work with Laravel for around 6 years, sharing my thoughts on the YouTube channel "Laravel Daily": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTuplgOBi6tJIlesI...
I also have written a Laravel Daily Blog for 5+ years.
StartIntro: Why API? (5:08)
StartBasic Demo: How Laravel API Works (3:17)
PreviewList of Data: Routing, Controllers and Postman Demo (4:07)
StartGetting Single Record and API Resources (5:12)
PreviewWhy 404 Page? Setting Correct Headers (1:38)
StartGetting List Inside of List: Returning Multi-Level Data (3:47)
StartFrom Postman to Web Client with Vue.js (3:06)
StartData Pagination in API (3:28)
StartAuthentication Overview: Sanctum, Passport or JWT? (4:28)
StartAuthentication with Laravel Sanctum and SPA (6:03)
StartAuthentication with Laravel Sanctum and API Tokens (5:18)
StartAuthentication with Laravel Sanctum and Mobile Apps (2:18)
StartAuthentication with Laravel Passport and Password Grant Type (8:04)